Planet Meddus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Planet Meddus

Meddus. The creation of the Mother herself. Welcome to our world.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Soft like Lambs Wool

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kittariku
Queen
Queen
Kittariku

Soft like Lambs Wool Empty
PostSubject: Soft like Lambs Wool   Soft like Lambs Wool EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 1:15 pm

A soft voice floated through the chill morning mist, mixed with the random bleating of a shepherd's herd. A small harp joined the voice, though the voice remained a hum amongst the animal chatter. The bleating calmed a little as the hum turned to song, and the elegant hand-held harp rang a gentle tune to match.

"Hush now, young things,
Silence, your bleating cries...
My dears, fear not the mist.

It is only the water that you drink,
and the life of the grass you eat...

Lovely is the sun,
the lady who watches over all...

She will return to us,
and warm our hearts again...
So my dears, never fear the mist.
"

Slowly the bleating of the lambs and ewes settled to merely the occasional outburst of surprise. The lone ram bleated solemnly, nudging the hand of his shepherd. Her hand moved, and cupped his nose, petting the male with affection.
"Wise old man, to not be afraid. No evils will visit us this morning." the lady chuckled fondly, earning a soft rumble from the old ram. A ewe came up to her other side, and she gently stroked her forehead.

Yes, the shepherd had her flock of woolen aphids, all of them covered thick with their bounty. It was still the edge of winter, and not yet spring in this small area of Darpan, near the river south of Vunvava...It was not time to sheer their wool, for they would need it to survive the last of the winter's cloak. The lady continued to hum, and the ram kept by her side, though ewes and lambs came and went to pry her music-playing hands for attention and comfort.

Since it was only just shy of noon, and the mist was still clouding the area, she gave a soft sigh, and whistled to her flock, stopping her musing. The ram at her left grumbled un-appreciatively, but did nothing else but give a grunt of complaint. The flock gathered in on her flanks, and she slowly started to walk south, more towards the river to let her flock drink.

She hummed with a soft smile, dark red lips shining alongside amethyst eyes. Her carapace glistened, wet with the water of the mist, though as she moved it slowly sloughed off, only to be replaced with more. She didn't mind, cold as the water was, it wasn't going to be that much longer till noon broke, and the sun shone through to warm her and her small flock. She only had six ewes, four lambs and a single ram. Two of the ewes were new, and she had not the time to breed them last fall. Her old ram had lost his drive when she'd been traded the two young females, so let them grow fat and woolen, they would breed by next summer.

Soon she and her flock were at the river, the smaller branch of it, as it was, and the lambs, full of energy and life, bounded forward to the slippery rocks.
"Ho, boys...." she called softly, carefully edging her way through the rounded stones and to the water's edge. The lambs edged in, rubbing up next to her side, since they could hardly see through the low clouds. Again the ram stood at her side, and waited for the others to sate their thirst.

Shepherd- the girl - gazed at them happily, and strapped her hand-sized harp onto a strap going over her right shoulder and connecting at her left hip. The ram butted her gently on her side, and she glanced down at him.
"Go, old man. Drink your fill, your ladies, sons and daughters have had theirs. Drink, I watch over you all." she laughed quietly.

The old ram bleated, and paced down closer to the water, tongue lapping at its surface. She smiled, and looked at the opposite bank, antennae twitching. Something was shifting the leaves of the bushes, and she could faintly hear rustling over the water rushing over the rocks.

"Who is there, who seeks to give my flock a fright?" She called, beckoning to the ram, who bleated sternly, calling the flock to him and her.
Back to top Go down
yellowpocketwatch
Drone
Drone
yellowpocketwatch

PostSubject: Re: Soft like Lambs Wool   Soft like Lambs Wool EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 3:26 am

An annoying buzzing sound echoed through the valley over Vunvava, it seemed like a nice day to retract blood from the newly aphids. Ah it was hard to come by such animals, they had the richest blood that his proboscis nose could sniff out. The hunger for the crimson liquid quenched his needing thirst. It was that morning when he awoke in his shotty little bed in Brackish Town that he told the other memembers of his clan that he would get the freshest blood there is...And the only way to find it is to look on other continents that contained the 'good stuff'.

Zipping about, he eyed the aphids in deep hunger, oh yes their blood would be sweet indeed. Slipping through the trees, he manuevered his hat over his deep red eyes that collected circles from the loss of sleep. Settling down near a bush, he silently awaited for the little aphids to be on their own. However, he forgot to put into his little plot that there indeed was a hearder. She was not large, but by his small standards she is. Grimacing and murmering a curse word in Spanish. His wings started to flutter slightly in top speed without him noticing before he heard a soothing voice call out.

"Mierda..." he swore before he peeked through push. His yellow antennae stick out along side his lean long nose then his whole body. His shoulders hunched forward slightly as he fixed his brown dusty cap over his eyes. He tried to act normally but that only caused his wings to jitter slightly before he nodded his head. He came closer, his wings battering gently in the misty wind as he settled several feet away from the female hearder. "Eh...Hehe..." rubbing the back of his slightly spikey neck, the mosquito gave a toothy grin before continuing. "'Scuse me senorita...But do you happen to have any of these...Aphids for sale perhaps?" he asked in a thick Spanish accent. Hoping that she would at least understand a mosquitos musing.
Back to top Go down
Kittariku
Queen
Queen
Kittariku

PostSubject: Re: Soft like Lambs Wool   Soft like Lambs Wool EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 3:44 am

Shepherd eyed the mosquito warily. He looked so ragged....Ah, one of her flock, is what he desired? One of the ewes that had given birth this fall was on her last years...This year was probably her last breeding season, and then she would be dry, and only produce wool. But that wool was how she made her living....

"I see you, stranger. I'm afraid none of my aphids are immediately for sale....But I'm sure we could strike a deal." she replied calmly, the ram at her side grumbling with anger and fear. The ewes and lambs behind her bleated anxiously. She glanced back at the old ewe, who was the least frightened.

"How much would a goodsir be offering to pay for a ewe, even if she is hardened with age?" she asked softly, beckoning to the female. She herself was afraid....Her cousin had told her to be wary of all insects until they left her presence, even if they looked kind. This mosquito looked very haggard, though he didn't seem like the type of person to ravage her entire flock, or herself. It didn't help that her hands were shaking a little. The old ewe came up, lamb trailing at her heels. She curled over, cradling the lamb in four of her arms. The ewe bleated with annoyance, but trusted her.

She looked at the mosquito again, waiting.
Back to top Go down
yellowpocketwatch
Drone
Drone
yellowpocketwatch

PostSubject: Re: Soft like Lambs Wool   Soft like Lambs Wool EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 5:49 am

"A deal Senorita?" he said languidly, placing a long thing finger upon his chapped lips before his other lean arm dusted off his cap. The deal sounded too good to give up. However it seemed that the Shepherd hearder was at unease. Good, he thought to himself as he watched one of her arms tremble slightly. Ah fear, it made it more sweeter...Not to mention her blood smelled delicious as well. "Let me see..." he clicked his fingers before digging in his baggy dirtied satchel and pulling out vile of pure sap. A favorite treat among the aphid population.

"Senorita, I can give you 'dis pure sap dat I know little aphids like the ones you have want...It keeps them healthy, and their wool glossy..." his pronged feet dug into the ground eagerly as he drew closer. However, an older Ewe's blood would not do any good to him. Only satisfy his elderly customers which are hard to come by. "I will give you five for a younger one...Just one Senorita and dat is all."
Back to top Go down
Kittariku
Queen
Queen
Kittariku

PostSubject: Re: Soft like Lambs Wool   Soft like Lambs Wool EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 6:38 am

Shepherd eyed the mosquito skeptically, then glanced at the lamb in her arms. The sap was vital to keeping n aphid healthy, and there wasn't much during the winter....They would survive on grazing over the plains, but her other lambs would need the substance to stay strong...Was it just luck, or coincidence that the weakest of the lambs was the one trembling in her grasp, nudging her fearfully? She sighed, purple eyes closing with thought. Five jars, and she would have three lambs. A jar would last around two weeks, more than enough to last out the fringe of the winter.

She looked at the mosquito again, and nodded solemnly.
"It is a hard choice I make, goodsir. These lambs are the produce of careful breeding, and I have very few. But your offer is too tempting - the loss of one lamb would be better than the loss of all four because of the absence of their vital nutrient. It has been hard to find such sap in these areas." she replied elegantly, softly petting the down on the lamb's neck.

The ewes and lambs around her were clueless to the talk going on about them - though the ram sensed her unease and was dancing on his toes. She herself was still a bit anxious, her own small legs twitching, betraying her. The lamb in her grasp gave a soft baa as she beckoned to the mosquito across the river.

"Come, goodsir... We have a deal. One of my lambs to save the other three, though I do wish you would have taken the ewe.... I understand, and you offer much," she beckoned. "Come, so we may trade."

She untied a rope that was on a pack on her back, and gently tied the twines into a halter over his neck. She'd prefer the man not to feed in front of her, if that was what he intended to do....
Back to top Go down
yellowpocketwatch
Drone
Drone
yellowpocketwatch

PostSubject: Re: Soft like Lambs Wool   Soft like Lambs Wool EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 7:24 am

Now that was easy, most of the time the customers would try to haggle more. Glad that he didn't have to hassel with whining and moaning. His wings jutted out like knives and fluttered quickly over the parts of the lake, getting closer to the woman who is much taller then his smaller stature. "Mucho Gracias Senorita, you have made Spack very happy..." he gave her another toothy grin as he watched her unravel her bag. He could just smell her blood, it was almost intoxicating. Of course he would have traded the five viles for her but then again she would have none of that. Especially from a dirt bag like he.

"Remember Senorita...Only give little aphids two drops of dis each day...Too much then they can die...And we no want that Senorita..." he opened his two palms inviting her to take the viles that laid in them.
Back to top Go down
Kittariku
Queen
Queen
Kittariku

PostSubject: Re: Soft like Lambs Wool   Soft like Lambs Wool EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 8:49 am

She nodded with thanks, using one pair of arms to sweep the viles into a padded back next to her harp, and extending the two pairs cradling the male lamb. She was sad to see him meet such a fate as this, but the Mother tree willed it. she would not fight - Convoy had long told her fighting was a bad option, and it was doubly true with her since she was not strong at all. she considered herself lucky that it was the lamb, and not her this mosquito was going to drain dry - though she doubted it had crossed his mind, as was the way of those who craved blood.

"Thank you, goodsir...I hope you have good fortune as the winter's cloak fades, and mother-spring's skirts guide way for daughter-summer. The Mother tree provides for those of true heart." she bowed her head a little, with respect, and consciously stilled herself. He may not have seen her shaking from fear across the way, but surely at this distance....

She glanced at him, wary. She wasn't too sure he would going to be satisfied with just the lamb....If she curled up, her flock would run, only to come back at her whistle, but they would scatter throughout the mist and clamber into places where they could not be found - they had made several underground holes throughout the plains that the flock would head for. She and they knew every location, so she would not be missing one unless they were captured, or killed.

She hoped there would be no reason for that.
Back to top Go down
yellowpocketwatch
Drone
Drone
yellowpocketwatch

PostSubject: Re: Soft like Lambs Wool   Soft like Lambs Wool EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 9:44 am

Oh how delictable it looked! Giving off another toothy grin, the mosquito took the lamb into his arms. It started to baa in fear but he started to pet it gingerly to settle it down. Not good to boil the blood. "Awww shh little senor...You are in good hands..." he gave a small chuckle before he lifted his cap revealing his saggy lids. "Thank you again Senorita for your humblness...You have been a pleasure to work with..." petting the lamb languidly still. He tried not to think about her blood, but it smelled so wonderful! Maybe...

"Are you willing to make another deal Senorita? Just one...And I only require an ounce...I can give you four more of these viles...The only ones I have left...For just an ounce of your blood...And no worries Senorita...It will not even hurt." he assured her with another grin.
Back to top Go down
Kittariku
Queen
Queen
Kittariku

PostSubject: Re: Soft like Lambs Wool   Soft like Lambs Wool EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 10:58 pm

She unconsciously took a foot or two back, startling all of the sheep crowding around her backside. Was the movement of fear, caution, or disgust? Probably a mix of both, though her face was contorted with what looked like a stern and critical glare. Her blood? Even for more of the sap....No. These five jars would more than last her through the winter, when the trees would be lush with sap naturally once more, and they would harvest it themselves, now knowing it could be stored. Even though the mosquito said it would be painless, she doubted his word. Let him take the lamb, she would live with one less of them, but she would not give up herself....Convoy had always told her, trade your stock, but never trade anything of yourself, no matter the circumstance.

"I-i'm sorry sir, that would be a deal I cannot make," she replied shakily, voice high, but not quite shrill. There was no use hiding her fear, now. She didn't turn away, you never turned your back on someone who could harm you, even if your back was your protection. Was he going to try and take some without her permission? She was prepared for that....Her flock would hide before he could sniff them out, and she would be curled up into an impenetrable ball, that no one could undo but herself. Her heart thumped in her chest, waiting to see this man's reaction to her obviously disapproving statement.
Back to top Go down
yellowpocketwatch
Drone
Drone
yellowpocketwatch

PostSubject: Re: Soft like Lambs Wool   Soft like Lambs Wool EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:08 am

Hurm, harder then he expected. With another toothy grin, his voice went dangerously low. A rasp making his chords sound huskier then even Spack expected. Holding onto the aphid harder then he expected, the little aphid cried in agony as he tried to convince her. "It will make you feel betta Senorita...Oh yes, loads better...To rid of the nasty blood in your system that make you feel...Very sick..." placing his sharp nose upon the little aphids body he pricked it slightly then let his purple tongue run over it softly. "It will make you feel...Brand new..."
Back to top Go down
Kittariku
Queen
Queen
Kittariku

PostSubject: Re: Soft like Lambs Wool   Soft like Lambs Wool EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 11:52 am

A shiver ran down her spine as she heard the young lamb cry out, and then blanched, shaking visibly as she saw him dab a bit at a fresh wound - that he had made - at the aphid's side. She held back a whimper, backing up more as the words he offered to her, in an attempt to persuade her, sunk in. Was her blood really that sweet-smelling to a blood-drinker? Her flock bleated anxiously, dancing on their hooves with fright, but no matter how much they wished to scamper away to safety, they did not, because of their loyalty to their shepherd. Silently, she applauded their devotion and trust to her.

"I am disinclined to believe you, sir." she replied shakily, two pairs of arms crossed over her chest and abdomen, in an unconscious move to protect herself, and her uppermost and last pair were held behind her, ready to throw them forward to give herself momentum enough to collapse into a ball. Oh she wished Convoy, or somebody was here with her! She was so frightened!

And she had every right to be - a young woman, just shy of her twenties, alone in the mist, miles from civilization and with a seemingly hunger-crazed blood-drinker in front of her, trying to bargain for her blood, even if he said he only wanted an ounce - there would be no prying him off if he decided he wanted more from her. He probably would take it from her neck, that being the softest part of her under-body. If he was there, it would be impossible for her to curl up her torso, and she would be stuck writhing in an attempt to get the man off of her.

If he attacked, and she screamed, would there be anyone around to hear her?
Back to top Go down
yellowpocketwatch
Drone
Drone
yellowpocketwatch

PostSubject: Re: Soft like Lambs Wool   Soft like Lambs Wool EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 5:19 am

Really did she have to play the damsel in distress? It is quite annoying, and he wanted too just jump on her and feed! Her blood is all too sweet, soothing his flaring nostrils beneath his elongated spike nose. Blood dripped from the corners of his mouth as he wiped his jaw line languidly. "Senorita...There is no reason to be scared..." he lapped a little of the blood softly. The lamb weeped in pain as he started to pet the small creature who jarred a little from the touch.

"Only a prick I promise...Then Spack will be on his way, never see the muy bonita Senorita again..." he placed a skinny finger up in question. "...And...You get more of these viles si? What more can you ask for? And your little aphids will grow big and strong...You would not worry about them getting diseases at all..." he smiled toothy smile again as he drew closer. His sinister red eyes glaring holes into her. "Just let me have a sip...One measily little sip Senorita..."
Back to top Go down
Kittariku
Queen
Queen
Kittariku

PostSubject: Re: Soft like Lambs Wool   Soft like Lambs Wool EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 10:45 pm

Oh, this was too much, too close, and too out-of the way of civilization for her! Why did she have to lead her flock south this time around? Why hadn't she gone some other direction? Vunvava was much too far, miles away, for anyone to hear her. She was alone out here, and though this insect was smaller, she would rather not have her blood taken. The thought horrified and disgusted her, though mostly the former.

"I would ask you to leave now," she requested pleadingly. It was quite possible she was blowing everything out of proportion, but....It was better to be wary and safe, then naive and in danger. Or in short, better safe than sorry. She felt terribly sorry for the lamb she had traded, as the man casually fed off of him whenever he wasn't talking to her, trying to convince her nothing bad would come of it.

She should just get it over with and call her flock to scatter. He wouldn't be able to penetrate her armor, only a few things could - but a mosquito was not one of them. She tried to calm her breathing - it would be stuffy and hard to do so once she curled, so she better get a good head start. It would be cramped, but that was what she was built for.
"I told you, I am disinclined to believe you, and I still am," she called, voice shaking still. Her confidence needed working on....She tapped two pairs of her tiny, segmenting legs, and the ram at her side bolted off in one direction, startling the rest into fleeing all around. She wouldn't curl, yet, she wanted to see that they got away safely....
Back to top Go down
yellowpocketwatch
Drone
Drone
yellowpocketwatch

PostSubject: Re: Soft like Lambs Wool   Soft like Lambs Wool EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 2:04 pm

Now this was very new. Bringing his cap lower over his eyes, he shook his head disgustingly "shouldn't have done dat Senorita!" he started to chatter loudly placing the viles in his coat pocket. Knobby legs starting out slowly then becomming faster. His nose sticking out towards the shephard hearder as he held onto the lamb closely. Not caring if he was squeezing the life out of it as he charged towards her.

"No worries Senorita!! Aye aye! You will feel good!" before he could stick his sharp end into her, a loud buzzing sound echoed in his ears and something had kicked him in the spine toppling him over onto the misty ground. His mouth catching alot of dirt as he let go of the placid lamb in his arms that flew towards the bank baaing weakly.

Shaking his head angrily, he lifted up his cap muttering Spanish curse words before he gritted his teeth. A toned figure stood there with his hands by his sides gripping what seemed to be a whip. His antenna twitched jovially as he pulled off his Aussie Crusher Cowboy hat off to reveal his ruby red eyes leering at the grimay urchin of a insect.

"Don't you eva touch the sheila again got that ya dirty mozzie!" black boots scuffing the grass while Spack tried to wheel away. "Senior! Senior..." he replied in a deeper voice as he wiped the blood from his lip. "I would not harm da little Senorita...I only sell this to her.." holding up the now broken vile, the Australian native insect shook his head cracking his whip towards the annoying creature. "Never set foot here you lousy stickybeak! Rack off!" the Mosquito stared and hissed, trying to find the lamb but was hit yet again with the whip. Annoyed, it flew off leering down at the two. "I will come back Senorita! And you won't have that stupid poota to save you!" zipping away into the sky furious, he will have his revenge when they least expect it.

Tilting his head with a rather lazy smile upon his face, he turned over to glance at the shephard. His ruby eyes flashing joy instead of the daggers that once had been there. The Australian hornet tilted his cowboy hat down cordially. "G'day madam...Didn't mean ta startle ya..." pulling his whip, he gazed over at the ground before he fluttered his orange wings before glancing up again. "Name's Dorak..." he lifted out a hand towards her in apologies. "Sorry to meet ya this way madam.." his said in a thick Australian accent. "I had heard some racket over in the bush, decided to check it out."

(Ooc:Sorry for switching off characters ^^ If you want Spack back in or I can change this post! ^^)
Back to top Go down
Kittariku
Queen
Queen
Kittariku

PostSubject: Re: Soft like Lambs Wool   Soft like Lambs Wool EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 11:03 pm

Shepherd's eyes and ears could not believe what had happened. One moment, she was just standing, about to curl and rid herself of this mosquito pest for good, and then she was being charged, but then she wasn't! It had all gone by so fast....A hand was held to her chest as she was partly doubled over - in her fright she had collapsed onto her side, and gone halfway into a curl, not quite finished with the process yet. By the time she realized she wasn't in danger anymore, she'd heard the mosquito buzzing off, and she sat up a bit, one pair of arms to support her torso. She glanced up at the male offering her a hand - he'd probably just turned, not realizing she was still on the ground...

She gave a soft whimper, then grunted, forcing her body to lengthen out, uncurling. She eased herself up, looking at the hyme respectfully.

"Y-you didn't startle me...And I would have rather met you on these conditions than wound up with him at my neck, draining me dry and possibly making me ill." she offered softly, a little out of breath. She extended a hand to his, grasping it gently, before quickly glancing around. Her flock was no where in sight, except the little lamb, saved, who was wading in the water, frightened and shaking. She let out a quiet whistle, and the little lamb's ears perked up, looking at her with fear. He immediately scrambled forward, bounding towards her. She soon had a young lamb curled up, shaking, underneath her legs - tight fit, but the little thing was just as frightened as she, so it was alright.

"Thank you....I don't know why he waited so long to attack, but I'm glad he did. I'm afraid if he hadn't, you would have found a much different scene, sir," she murmured dryly, reaching a hand down to the lamb's head, and stroking it softly. She released his hand, and looked around once more.
"Oh my...I hope they didn't run too far..." she mumbled quietly. She let out a louder whistle, the higher pitch cutting through the air and mist with ease. She heard a loud bleat in return, and smiled. Her Old man was wise indeed, he had not let her flock off too far.

"My name is Shepherd, and as you can see, this is also what I do," she chuckled softly.

(OOC: I don't mind character changes. Smile )
Back to top Go down
yellowpocketwatch
Drone
Drone
yellowpocketwatch

PostSubject: Re: Soft like Lambs Wool   Soft like Lambs Wool EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 12:57 pm

Watching her closely, he soon found out that the mozzie pile of trash had caused more damaged to her and her flock then he thought. He wished he would have gotten here sooner then dawdle. Another thing he mostly did but tried to be a little more fast paced. At least in situations like these, thank goodness the mosquito did not drain her. That would have made him feel even worse.

When she let go, the laid back hornet nodded his head in welcoming before he glanced to the side once he heard the bleating noise not too far off. "So sorry I couldn't get ta ya miss Shepherd.." his low Aussie accent rumbled. "...I have a tendency to be a little bludger...Lazy as you mates may say it..." he gave a small smile. "Glad that your jumbucks are all togetha.." he nodded towards the bleating sheep in the distance before his red eyes glanced back at her. He had noticed earlier tubes in the mosquito's hand, and that had him concerned if the little lady had any of those tubes.. "Did the bloke give ya anything? Don't wan' it to be poison.."
Back to top Go down
Kittariku
Queen
Queen
Kittariku

PostSubject: Re: Soft like Lambs Wool   Soft like Lambs Wool EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 1:37 pm

She glanced up the slight hill, and watched as her Old Man slowly led the flock back. They were taking their time. That was fine....She glanced at the pouch in which the vials of nectar were in, and let out a mournful sound, seeing all of them smashed and leaking.
"Oh...That's a shame. Now I'll have to visit Vunvava earlier than charted... My lambs will need fresh nectar soon." She shed the bag, looking at the contents closely, but held her breath as she poked her face closer to it. Poison? That scared her - the mosquito might have been cheating her... She offered up the bag to the hornet.

"I've no experience with poisons - if you wouldn't mind checking these....All of the vials smashed, so even if they were not poisoned, they are useless, now, and my bag is spoiled." she asked solemnly. It made her happy knowing that this character, this stranger, this hyme named Dorak, with a strange accent and way of speech. She herself had a soft-spoken voice, and a more elegant and intricate pattern of speech, but it took hardly any time to puzzle out. She was glad of the man's quick explanations - they confused her a little.

She gave the lamb at her feet another comforting pet, before his mother hurried over, causing him to scurry out quickly and to the elder-ewe's nurturing hold. She smiled, and watched as the rest came up, crowding around her, and surprisingly, Dorak.

"It seems they like you - or they are smart enough to know it was you who rescued their herder." she mused, giggling a little as a lamb licked at Dorak's feet.
Back to top Go down
yellowpocketwatch
Drone
Drone
yellowpocketwatch

PostSubject: Re: Soft like Lambs Wool   Soft like Lambs Wool EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:28 am

Another cautious glance came to the bag as she held it out. Giving off a rueful smile he took it from her gingerly scanning the bag before a spot of wetness formed upon his feet. He took a gander at the small little aphid giving him affection before he chuckled deeply. "Cute lil' jummy he is..." leaning down he petted the small creature affectionatly.

Getting back to business as he lifted away from the cute little fellla. He let his antennae sniff it out, it smelled like nector however a very subtle stench of berry that is poisnous in other parts were traced in it. "Yep, the little mozzie put uh certain poison in there...The bloody bugga wanted ya ta catch some zeds..." blinking a little he dusted off the bag before glancing up at her. "In other words miss Shepherd, he wanted ta drain ya by the viles...And ya little jumbucks...Bloody mozzie! Disgustin brownoser...I wish I woulda killed the bugga..." he hated the fact that he couldn't have been there earlier. All he had to do was fly faster, it bothered him that such a pretty sheila was attacked by such a disgusting insect. The nerve of those kind these days.

"But...I apologize for ya satchel...Maybe I can get ya uh fresher one." he wasn't wanting anything from her. Dorak had always been the genuine type, insects believe that he is some low life Aussie hornet that could care less. In all truth, he just can sometimes be lazy, but when it comes to a lovely sweet lady he would do anything to make her life easier. Especially protection.
Back to top Go down
Kittariku
Queen
Queen
Kittariku

PostSubject: Re: Soft like Lambs Wool   Soft like Lambs Wool EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 9:46 pm

Shepherd gave an upset scowl, pondering. So the mosquito had intended to drain her and her flock anyways? How rude! Were all bugs like that, nowadays? She hoped not - if they were, she'd be out of a job! She let out a soft sound of disgust at the thought, and the ram trotted up to her side, bleating warily. She smiled, and reached a hand out for him - his nose touched her palm, and she rounded her hand to his muzzle, rubbing it fondly.

"Are all mosquitos like that...?" she asked quietly, glancing at her back, which bore a few small packs tied right around her girth. Nothing looked damaged....She turned back to the hornet, still crowded by a few of the sheep - though most of them had gone off to either lay down, or graze a little. Obviously, they didn't think he was a threat to them, or her. Well, she would trust their judgment.

She wasn't too worried about the bag - it had been old, and she was glad that the vials had spilled in that, rather than onto her. The nectar would have stuck to her skin, forcing her to wash it off, which meant washing the poison off into water that wild animals would drink. And that wouldn't be fair....

But now she had to go to Vunvava - or some other town - and soon, to try and haggle for some nectar to feed her little-aphids. She was growing a bit fond of this hyme's presence, though. He seemed like the honorable sort, and no doubt he'd saved her - and now she owed him.
"Is there anything I can do to repay you? I'd feel just terrible if we departed, and you'd gotten nothing for your troubles," she asked sweetly, smiling at him kindly. He really was a nice man - and she felt he deserved a service from her in return for her life. As long as he didn't ask for anything unreasonable....

Actual pay would be fine; but anything along the lines of bodily service - well, he wouldn't be so honorable in her mind anymore.
Back to top Go down
yellowpocketwatch
Drone
Drone
yellowpocketwatch

PostSubject: Re: Soft like Lambs Wool   Soft like Lambs Wool EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 5:11 am

With a small smile he let his hand drop to another aphid that grazed beside him. Petting its lean wool that started to form a poofy shape. He is always wondered how these little sheep survived the wilderness without any type of protection besides the wool. However their flight skills are quite impressive to his eye. Straightning his back once more, he languidly glanced over at Shepherd. "Not all mozzies are like that...Only them kind..." he nodded over to where the mosquito flew off then glanced back at her. "Sad to say but its uh cycle miss Shepherd...We are all apart of uh food chain yea..." ruefully smiling he took off his hat smoothing his dark auburn bangs from his face.

He then captured her next question instantly, a taken a back look came across his features as he shook his head. "Nah, no needn't ta repay me miss Shepherd...This is wha' I do..." dusting off his shoulder in a leisure like manner. "Howeva, I would like ta protect ya and the lil' jumbucks...Pardon me if I sound intrudin' but I don't want no other bloody mozzie commin' back to snatch ya..."
Back to top Go down
Kittariku
Queen
Queen
Kittariku

PostSubject: Re: Soft like Lambs Wool   Soft like Lambs Wool EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 10:47 am

With much food for thought, her mind was heavy with questions, that for now, would be left unanswered. Though, she gave a small sound as he politely rejected her offer - but proposed one that would make her feel even more guilty! Even if it meant that she would not have to risk the chance of that particular mosquito seeing her again....Or any others, for that fact.

She gave a small sigh, defeated. If that was what he wished to do, she could not really object. The protection was appreciated, and the company of another person even more so. The only people she really talked to nowadays were merchants or townsfolk... And she hadn't seen her cousin in months - he hadn't been over on Darpan in ages.

"You wouldn't be intruding, my friend. The protection - and the company, too - is greatly appreciated." she hummed, shifting on her many pairs of legs. She was anxious to get moving again - she had grown a bad habit of not wanting to stay in one place for too long. That internal instinct was now doubled by the fear of the mosquito coming back - whether she had a guardian or not.

Because - who knew? Perhaps the mosquito was fetching friends, and would be back momentarily? Being on the move incessantly made it so there was no chance of being caught - but sometimes this made things difficult. Some purchasers or merchants couldn't catch up to her - and didn't get to speak with her until she made her round again, landing where they were, which typically was about a week, sometimes two.

Another reason she needed to be on the move was to keep her own muscles limber, warm and ready to go. Her flock would also need fresh grazing daily - going in a massive circle around Darpan - going from Vunvava, along the fringe of the Odrii jungle, visiting the Lotus Springs and the Bamboo steps, and then rounding the mountains to once more reach Vunvava.

The journey was taxing, but she moved at a steady pace - doing so meant that her aphids were constantly being exposed to different environmental and biological changes - germs, different grasses, saps, and nectar, and many other things. This kept the aphids' bodies fit, and immune to just about every sickness they came across - except for the occasional flu, cold, or other viruses.

She blinked, shaking her head a little - she'd been lost in a train of thought again. She tended to do that, daydreaming....She didn't actually do that a lot during the winter - the cold kept her on edge, but when her flock slept in the afternoon heat, she watched the sky and clouds, playing her harp to lull anything around to sleep....

She gave another fond smile to the hornet named Dorak.
"I'm afraid that we would have to get moving, if you are wanting to do such a task. It is habit for my flock and I to be on the move - and though I do not doubt your performance in protection, I am wary of more mosquitoes - no, dangerous bugs in general - coming after us." she explained elegantly, shrugging her shoulders a little, and rubbing her arms. The cold and little movement was starting to chill her.
Back to top Go down
yellowpocketwatch
Drone
Drone
yellowpocketwatch

PostSubject: Re: Soft like Lambs Wool   Soft like Lambs Wool EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 7:03 am

Listening to her soothing voice, he nooded his head while tipping his cowboy hat. Fingers listlessly grazeing the brim before falling down at his side. "Do not worry miss Shepherd, I can keep 'up with anythin...Just say the word and I will be there in uh jimmy.." giving off another smile. His wings started to flutter at an intense speed as hovered above the ground. "I will check up and see if any mozzies or other brown nosers are around ya..." flying up into the air he glanced to his left. Checking the surroundings from above.

It wasn't his intention to actually herd sheep. At least not now, he was traveling towards one of the local towns to see if he could collect some tacky nectar that he liked to chew on for his own pleasure. Dorak is used to not staying in one place, he wasn't one for settling down. He liked the thrill of adventure and always wanting to live through it.

Taking a last peek around his shoulder, he sped back down to the ground next to the cinammon coated bug. "No mozzies in sight miss Shepherd...I will check every now then ya...Also I will stay up all night to protect the herd too...I survive without sleep anyway.." he gave off a genuine smile while nodding his head.
Back to top Go down
Kittariku
Queen
Queen
Kittariku

PostSubject: Re: Soft like Lambs Wool   Soft like Lambs Wool EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 7:32 am

Shepherd gave an initial startle when Dorak burst into the air, his wings fluttering at a rate her eyes couldn't fathom. Amazed and in awe, she gave a giggle as he came back down with his report. Her eyes sparkled with friendly fascination.
"Well, I hardly think you'd need to stay awake...The flock themselves would warn us." she replied softly. She let out a sweet-sounding whistle, and a round of baas responded to her.

"Ah, lead the way, Old Man," she called out with a chuckle as she worked her many legs, moving forward at a steady pace. She didn't doubt Dorak's ability to keep up. She unstrung her small harp, and the sheep fell in line behind the old ram, conversing merrily amongst themselves. What song to sing...? Or rather...Would Dorak even appreciate any of her melodies? It would be better to ask, than assume.

"Dorak...Are you familiar with any songs?" she asked quietly, plucking a few strings, equally quiet. She mildly played the instrument, worried that her companion was one of the folk in Meddus that didn't care for melodies of fancy.
Back to top Go down
yellowpocketwatch
Drone
Drone
yellowpocketwatch

PostSubject: Re: Soft like Lambs Wool   Soft like Lambs Wool EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 8:34 am

Lifting up his whip and winding it around his forearm. Dorak glanced up from his work as he noticed the aphids jumbling in front of them traveling towards their next spot to graze. A small voice captured his attention furrowing his brow before giving off a rueful smile. "Can't say that I do miss Shepherd...The ones I know are played on uh kazoo..." he shrugged his shoulders. "Howeva...I wouldn't mind hearin your tune if ya wouldn't mind sharin'" he grinned. Dorak was not much on his own voice, too much of a drawl that didn't suit well. A lovely sheila like Shepherd probably would have a nice voice. Something that he missed while leaving his hometown behind. He remembered his mother having a beautiful voice and sadly he did not acquire those vocal folds.
Back to top Go down
Kittariku
Queen
Queen
Kittariku

PostSubject: Re: Soft like Lambs Wool   Soft like Lambs Wool EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 10:20 am

Shepherd gave a smile, and more boldly plucked the delicate strings of the harp - the notes falling and rising in a beautiful pattern, mis-matched only when the sounds fit. She hummed along, her voice differing in an appealing harmony.

She let her fingers continue on, accenting points with soft pats on her armored hips, softly drumming a beat - her own legs sounded like beads rolling against each other. All in all, this was not a calming melody, but more of a walking tune, a little up-beat but elegant. She walked at a decent pace, letting her flock lead. They knew where to go - they had traveled it many times each, now.

"Follow your noses, and follow the sounds,
The paths we tread, they know no bounds.
Old man, just lead the way,
We'll be traveling all the day.

Pick up your feet, stay on the beat,
The faster you move, the sooner you'll eat.
Old man, just lead the way,
We'll be traveling all the day.

Yes, Old man, just lead the way,
We'll be home, at the end of the day...
"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soft like Lambs Wool   Soft like Lambs Wool Empty

Back to top Go down

Soft like Lambs Wool
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next