Planet Meddus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Planet Meddus

Meddus. The creation of the Mother herself. Welcome to our world.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Separation of races

Go down 
3 posters

Ants should
stay Hymes
Separation of races I_vote_lcap20%Separation of races I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 3 ]
be Apocrins
Separation of races I_vote_lcap53%Separation of races I_vote_rcap
 53% [ 8 ]
be Vespoids
Separation of races I_vote_lcap27%Separation of races I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

Separation of races Empty
PostSubject: Separation of races   Separation of races EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 8:28 am

The Hyme race is rather confusing... so... Thinking of making Bee and Wasp characters still Hymes. But separating the Ants as a new cousin race Apocrin or Vespoid. (that way we can have a bad blood plot in the future) This does not mean you can't have Ants with bee markings or vice versa. Just will make it easier to tell the difference. The ant race can also have wings.. but that must be a recessive minority trait in females. Dominate in Males. Matriarchy nests.
What do you think my lemmings?

Also note I have decided to keep New Meddus under wraps until we have enough of the world created. So all preferred content from here is transferred over to create the perfect world there.
New Meddus will also hopefully have clearer guides and rules along with more usable info and content. So please be open to making small alterations to characters once we roll over.
Back to top Go down
https://meddus.rpg-board.net
Do-gooder
Drone
Drone
Do-gooder

PostSubject: Re: Separation of races   Separation of races EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 12:04 pm

I think it would be better to separate ants from Hymes. Makes more sense with wasps that mimics ants for example. And ant species are quite variable so they deserve their own race. I guess Hymes can still nickname them ground Hymes X3 And as for the race's name I vote for Vespoids ;3
Back to top Go down
Zaiats
Royal Consort
Royal Consort
Zaiats

PostSubject: Re: Separation of races   Separation of races EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 2:38 pm

I second what Do-Gooder says but I vote for Apocrin. Ants have their own apothecary in the nest and Apocrin sounds similar. Plus Vespoid sound like vespa and reminds people of wasps (probably).

I also agree with recessive minority wing trait in females for ants but I think it would only be for potential queens. Real ants kill wannabe queens. No comment on dominate males. If people want the ant Meddian's to be more like their real world counterparts there would be fare less males and then the dominate trait would make sense.
Back to top Go down
http://zaiats.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Separation of races   Separation of races Empty

Back to top Go down

Separation of races
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Planet Meddus :: Listen through the door... :: World :: Discussion-
Jump to: